Feb 18, 2009

It’s the time to build the portfolio - Be and Make

Almost from last six months I have not picked any stock and my bag is empty. Now, I feel that things will stabilize and improve in the upcoming months. There could be another 20% in the bottom side for the front line indices but from there it can bounce back.

The maximum chance for the bottom side is around the October lows. Hence, one can build a portfolio in SIP mode. Yes, divide all your cash in four parts and invest each part in every Four percent fall on Nifty or every month from here.

We can not predict the bottom exactly, globally things will change very sharply hence one can aiming long term (3-5 years) should build a portfolio.

Now, the question is which stocks we should buy?

After gone through all the data bank, I recommend the following portfolio aiming three to five year period.

1. RPL
2. RIL
3. LandT
4. NTPC
5. Reliance Infra
6. crompton/siemens
7. Bartronics
8. Reliane Capital
9. BHEL
10.Petronet/aban

According to your risk appetite you can allocate your money in each stock.

I am tracking more stocks but based on the valuations I have not preferred those stocks like Alstom projects I am interested in this stock but it is little bit overly valued at this point of time when compared to its peers. At this point of time I will go with the above stocks as things changes I will change my stocks.

With thanks
Happy investing

Be and make

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a regular reader to your blog and admire you. I have NTPC at 200. I was thinking about exiting if it reaches 200 as I do not expect good returns with-in 3 years (at most double). What will be your target after 3 years for NTPC?

Thanks,
v8r.

Anonymous said...

One more query: I have 3750 RPL at 135. What is your target for RPL after 3 years?

Thanks,
v8r.